Boiler Operators

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AAASTINKIE

Reaction score
This is where we talk boilers, mine is biggest that's what counts, untill someone shows up with a bigger one...lol

I have a boiler at home. I call the repairman whenever I need him. I think I speak for most of us on the forum.

I also have a small boiler at home, in the garage, we call it the water heater, and it runs on natural gas.

Ah, thanks CW, I was wondering what a "Boiler" was. A source for hot water. We use to cut wood and heat a tank outside when I was a young guy. Thank Godfor electricity.

Yep. Here they run the air handling units, which run on steam during cool or cold weather. We have been working on one of them most of this night.

Solar heating has dropped our electric consumption down some. My bill is still around $300+ a month. I wonder what the future would be like....

You mean solar water heating? My electric bill is averaged $93 a month. Does your AC run nearly constantly, or you have a huge house? My house is barely 1200 sq. ft. heated and cooled. Cozy.

I have a 3000 sq. ft. house, my Daughter lives in the cottage behind. We have our art studio with lights, my wine room and cellar, and solar heating for both homes. The home is not air conditioned, we use what we call, "Hawaiian air" (leaving all the windows open) We conserve as much as possible by not leaving lights on, etc. and the bill is still 300+ When I made the wine cellar (above ground) that is chilled via an AC unit which runs 24/7, the bill increased approx. $14-17 a month. Our rates are high.....One (1) electric plant for the entire island..

Well I reckon you DO pay for living there. The cost of living here is way lower than anyone can even imagine, having not been here. The quality of life is quite good, with very little pollution.

Back