• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

BOGO - Bubbler Plastic Carboys

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derunner

Reaction score
Jojabri published this on the Deal thread, but I know sometimes people don't re-visit threads and this is a limited offer until the run out.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/promo...m_medium=Slide&utm_campaign=BOGO-Bubbler-2/12

5 or 6 gallon Bubbler Carboys are buy one get one free.

I was hoping they would make this offer on Better Bottle as I wanted to pick up 2 5 gal ones for skeeterpee, and beer making. I like to glass for long term aging, but a few of these plastic carboys is nice.

Does anyone have experience with the Bubbler vs BB?

ETA The sale is over as of 2/18/2014.

Last edited:
Good for a primary, but way too much surface area for long term use.

Are you thinking of the large mouth bubbler? the ones that are bogo are norm neck size which is a little bigger than the neck size of a glass carboy, but I think we are still talking less than 3 square inches.

The Bubblers pictured sure look like my Better Bottles, and they even take the same #10 bung.

Steve

Thanks for the heads up guys. I really needed a couple more 6 gall plastic as I use them for secondary. I love the ease (easy to clean and lift, no fear of breakage) of the plastic and the 2 I already have get used so much that I often have to wait to start another batch till it's time to rack from one of them. This was the perfect time to add a couple more to my fleet.

BTW shipping was only $7.99 to get both to my home in Cinti OH. That's a steal.

Pam in cinti

Just to clarify, the 2 I already have are Better Bottles. I will let you all know how these compare when they get here. The description sounds just like the BB's, and since I only use in secondary I'm sure they will be fine for my purposes. Didn't want to miss my chance.

Pam in cinti

Are you thinking of the large mouth bubbler? the ones that are bogo are norm neck size which is a little bigger than the neck size of a glass carboy, but I think we are still talking less than 3 square inches.

Yes I was. Thats the only Bubbler carboy I know of.

Thank you. Placed an order to get two 6 gal for the price of 1 plus ~$8.00 shipping.

You can read the reviews to find comparisons between Bubbler & BB. Folks are saying Bubbler is thicker plastic than BB.

I placed and order also. I got 2 5 gals. I figure I will use them for some skeeterpee I am starting and then plan to make some beer. I have 2 6 gal BB so this will give me some options for racking. I now have a 20 gal primary so I think I will make 16gals of skeeterpee. :ib

Thanks for the heads up on this deal! I just broke one of my 6 gal glass carboys this weekend when I was about to wash it. I guess I put it down harder than I should, but not by much...so it cracked. I'm going to try these bubblers for a secondary and then age in glass.

Just received my 6 gal bubbler duo, and they look great. Look very much like my better bottles. Pretty fast shipping for the low price I paid. It will be a while before I can actually use one tho as I got lots of other projects that are claiming top priority today.

Thanks to all who brought the sale to my attention! I needed these.

Pam in cinti

Just received my 6 gal bubbler duo, and they look great. Look very much like my better bottles. Pretty fast shipping for the low price I paid. It will be a while before I can actually use one tho as I got lots of other projects that are claiming top priority today.

Thanks to all who brought the sale to my attention! I needed these.

Pam in cinti

My order is in transit with delivery due by end-of-day Thursday.

Do you also use glass carboys? I'm thinking I'll only have need for one which means I'll have 2 extra glass carboys.

Bill, I have and use lots of glass carboys. I like these plastic ones for first racking out of the fermenting bucket. They get racked pretty quickly again after that, so those 6 gal plastic get cleaned and reused a lot. Much easier to clean and store than glass, but I do all long term aging in glass, just in case.

Pam in cinti

My order is in transit with delivery due by end-of-day Thursday.

Do you also use glass carboys? I'm thinking I'll only have need for one which means I'll have 2 extra glass carboys.

The Bubblers arrived a day earlier then promised by UPS!

The Bubblers are shaped slightly differently than BB and look as if they might hold more liquid. I hope not because a big part of the reason I got them was to lesson top off compared to my 6.5 "23L/6 gallon" glass carboys. I'll test capacity tomorrow and let you guys know.

The Bubblers do appear to be less flexible than BB but I don't know whether that is due to a slightly thicker plastic or other suttle design differences.

Last edited:
The Bubblers arrived a day earlier then promised by UPS!

The Bubblers are shaped slightly differently than BB and look as if they might hold more liquid. I hope not because a big part of the reason I got them was to lesson top off compared to my 6.5 "23L/6 gallon" glass carboys. I'll test capacity tomorrow and let you guys know.

The Bubblers do appear to be less flexible than BB but I don't know whether that is due to a slightly thicker plastic or other suttle design differences.

I couldn't stand it! Just back from the bathroom where a filled a True Brew primary bucket to the 6 gallon ridge mark and transferred the water into one of the new Bubblers I just got. When I transferred, using a pitcher, I fell one cup short of reaching the neck bottom. I had to sponge up some water spilled on the floor and allowing for some parallax error in looking down into the primary as it sat in the tub I would say that the Bubbler like the BB holds pretty much a true 6 gallons when filled to the start of the neck. I'm a happy camper. [Except that I'm now pretty much out for space for this hobby.]

Bill, thanks for the report. I was planning on racking from a BB to a bubbler later today. Good to know it will work.

Pam in cinti

I just got my 2 5 gals. They look good. If anyone sees this sale or a bogo on better bottle please post. I'd like to get a couple 6 gals too.

I just mixed up a triple batch of skeeterpee tonight that I will be using these for secondary and clearing. Thanks Jojabri for finding this special.

Latest posts

Back