BOGO - Bubbler Plastic Carboys

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

bkisel

Reaction score
Found out today that the neck opening is slightly larger with the Bubbler. With a bit of force I'm able to push the stopper all the way down to the lip of the stopper. It is a tight and well sealed fit so not to worry. With BB the same stopper only goes down half to three quarters. Same stopper in BB actually feels like it is less sealed - meaning less rubber in contact with the neck side.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just be careful you don't get it in so far you can't get it out. You wouldn't be the first one to push one in.

bkisel

Reaction score
Just be careful you don't get it in so far you can't get it out. You wouldn't be the first one to push one in.
Thanks for the warning but I think you'd really have to purposely try too push it to far. What I called stopper maybe is more properly called a bung [with a drilled airlock hole]? Anyway it has a lip that projects out past the OD of the neck. This isn't a picture of the one I'm talking about but similar enough so you can see the lip...

cintipam

Reaction score
Yes, please if anyone sees another sale of BOGO let us know. I actually get email notifications from Northern Brewer but they only send me beer related emails. I've tried to figure out how to change my preferences, but there doesn't seem to be a way to clarify my interest. So I know all about beer kits for sale, but didn't know about these Bubbler BOGO till seeing this topic.

The Bubbler holds slightly more than the Better Bottles. So I do first rack to Bubbler, then second to Better Bottle, moving to glass thereafter. Really works well, and cuts the lifting load and cleaning of big glass considerably!

Pam in cinti

peaches9324

Reaction score
cintipam maybe if you delete your email notification then go back in and do another request and choose to receive wine and beer notifications?

RegarRenill

Reaction score
Austin Homebrew Supply has 5 & 6 gal plastic carboys for 14.99 and 15.99. Not quite BOGO, but still a good deal...

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

cintipam

Reaction score
Peaches, that is a good idea. I went back and signed up again for email. Since they didn't offer any choices I put a couple items in my wishlist, specifically a 5 gall bubbler and a 3 gall better bottle. Interesting that they no longer have any 6 gall bubblers anywhere on the product page. It's possible they are discontinuing them. Hope not, I like the ones I got and would buy a couple more if they BOGO again.

Regar,. thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep them in mind as back up.

Pam in cinti

cmason1957

CRS Sufferer
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
I don't believe I have ever seen anything but beer related emails from Northern Brewer.

derunner

Reaction score
Peaches, that is a good idea. I went back and signed up again for email. Since they didn't offer any choices I put a couple items in my wishlist, specifically a 5 gall bubbler and a 3 gall better bottle. Interesting that they no longer have any 6 gall bubblers anywhere on the product page. It's possible they are discontinuing them. Hope not, I like the ones I got and would buy a couple more if they BOGO again.

Regar,. thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep them in mind as back up.

Pam in cinti
I did not get this notice either by email, but I am getting their emails regularly. I think they may push the beer items more, but these would be used by beer makers. It may have just been because they were only offering a limited quantity while it lasts.

Group Builder