RJ Spagnols BM 4x4 first time using

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StreetGlide

Reaction score
Swapped EC1118 for BM 4x4 in a RJS EP Trio Red yesterday. Rehydrated in water and added 1 TBS of Fermax Nutrient to help it get going and have Fermaid O on hand for next treatment now. This sound ok? First I’ve used it. Thanks.

Assuming that you added the 1 TBS of fermax the 6 gallons of wine, it sounds like you did good. BMX 4X4 is an aggressive fermenting yeast like EC 1118 so you should see fermentation beginning within 24 hours. I've made the same yeast substitution several time and have had good results.

Assuming that you added the 1 TBS of fermax the 6 gallons of wine, it sounds like you did good. BMX 4X4 is an aggressive fermenting yeast like EC 1118 so you should see fermentation beginning within 24 hours. I've made the same yeast substitution several time and have had good results.

Yes I added the nutrient into the must...lol. Not into the rehydration. It has taken off and appears it is indeed aggressive. Thank you.

"Swapped EC1118 for BM 4x4 in a RJS EP Trio Red yesterday. Rehydrated in water and added 1 TBS of Fermax Nutrient to help it get going and have Fermaid O on hand for next treatment now. This sound ok? First I’ve used it. Thanks."
Just bought some BMX 4x4 and it's my first time for this yeast as well. Came in a much larger bag than other yeasts. Just wondering how your Trio Red turned out using this yeast. Made this kit within the last year just following directions and really liked it. But it can always be better!

Sounds like you are doing everything right, I really like the yeast you chose and having 2 yeast nutrients on hand will only help the process.

Latest posts

Back