Blueberry Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

hitchiker

Reaction score
how long do you need to age blueberry wine before back sweetning, and botteling and being ready to sell? where are you scooter

Scooter68

Fruit "Wine" Maker
Reaction score
At least 9-10 months for it to round off the 'edges.' If you back-sweeten too soon there's the risk of it turning out too sweet. I just bottled a low ABV batch after 11 months. It's a somewhat sweet 'table' wine variety with plenty of blueberry flavor. That flavor comes forward more with the increased sweetness. When I get back from this trip I'll be starting this year's batch aiming at perhaps a higher ABV and therefore higher sweetness as a dessert wine.

So bottom line I would wait 9-10 months do the final k-meta treatment along with sorbate, wait a week, back-sweeten then bottle.

hitchiker

Reaction score
At least 9-10 months for it to round off the 'edges.' If you back-sweeten too soon there's the risk of it turning out too sweet. I just bottled a low ABV batch after 11 months. It's a somewhat sweet 'table' wine variety with plenty of blueberry flavor. That flavor comes forward more with the increased sweetness. When I get back from this trip I'll be starting this year's batch aiming at perhaps a higher ABV and therefore higher sweetness as a dessert wine.

So bottom line I would wait 9-10 months do the final k-meta treatment along with sorbate, wait a week, back-sweeten then bottle.

When you get back off your trip I would very much like to talk to you about wine and blueberry bushes, hope you seen what I sent to you about blueberry bushes. on at 8.00 at night

Latest posts