• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Blueberry Puree for Sale

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my shipment on Thursday 7/17 going to start a 3 gallon batch with one of the gallons going to freeze a gallon so I have it to make a batch in the winter. Should I use a mesh bag or no need?

I agree. It's all been chopped up nicely into a puree and should make a very fine layer at the bottom, I think.

Mine's happily bubbling away naturally with whatever yeast came from Colorado. DO freeze what you don't use right away or add some k meta and refrigerate if you want to use it in 3-4 weeks.

When our blueberries get big enough to be wine-making productive, I'll sure run them through the food processor first!

Jim, I don't have an answer for you. I don't know how fermentation started however you are correct no sulfites were added. Let me know how it works out

-Chris

Jim, I don't have an answer for you. I don't know how fermentation started however you are correct no sulfites were added. Let me know how it works out

-Chris

It started in both gallons. Your winery is probably well inoculated. Most are. I was amazed that the yeast would ferment at fridge temps. That usually stops them, but then you're in Colorado, where it's cooler. I'll say one thing, as soon as I put the puree into that sugar water, it took off. 12 hours later there was lots of fizz upon stirring. I might save and freeze some of that yeast slurry.

Trouble for me is, I had this reserved for a blend I was going to ferment using grapes that were still frozen at the time. Going to need to buy more blueberry somewhere. But first I need to get my fermenter cleared back out. No biggie, I love blueberry wine.

Just glad I caught it before ka-BLOOIE! :se The jugs were so expanded I could not hook a finger through the handle space! That would have been a shame, to waste all that money.

I still have a gallon at 40 degrees F
And no fermentation at all !! I plan to possibly back sweeten the port or the blueberry wine - but after tasting them tonight - dint think it will be necessary.

Chris, do you have a recipe to share for my 2 gallon puree purchase, I think I want to make 5 gallons of wine with the 2 gallons of puree.
If you have a tracking number please send that via PM.

Thanks.

I still have a gallon at 40 degrees F
And no fermentation at all !! I plan to possibly back sweeten the port or the blueberry wine - but after tasting them tonight - dint think it will be necessary.

Leave it there 19 days. :)

Chris,

is this the ratio:
1gal of puree per 2 1/2 gal of water?

So I'd poured 5gal of water into a primary bucket and then add the 2gal of puree.

Last edited:
Thats correct Geek

Now add the correct amount of sugar and yeast and pectic enzyme and you should be set !! Mine is tasting very good !!

Steve, are you planing to back sweeten, if so right after fermentation? What do you plan to use, sugar, honey, etc?

Yes - I plan of back sweeten, that is why I still have 1 gallon of puree in the cooler , for port and or the wine. If I find out it is not needed then I will make more wine

BTW - I am getting my 2gal of blueberry puree today but not ready to start.
Would you guys recommend adding some sulfite and freeze until I am ready?

I received my juice on July 10 th and it has been refrigerated at temps between 35-40 degrees with no sign of fermentation

Latest posts

Back