blueberry clearing ? (image)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countrygirl

Reaction score
picture.php

does this mean my blueberry is clearing decently?
it's so dark, it's hard to tell...

Try putting a flash light on the back side of the carboy and then check to see if light comes through the other side. This will also let you know if there are any suspended particles.

Im pretty sure thats what the picture is of and yes it does mean its clearing. Youll really be able to tell better if you extract a glass worth into a sanitized glass tocheck it out and then you can add it back when done.

I guess you're right but it looked like a refelection of a light shining on the jug.

yes, it is a flashlight, but i had trouble getting the camera to not flash, too, lol...
so, when i put it in the glass, i shine the light through again? or just hold up and look? will it actually make it back into the carboy, lol

My only experience with Blueberry was that it took a long time to clear. It looked clear enough to bottle so I did but it kept dropping either sediment or pectin haze. I'd let it clear or bulk age longer to be sure.

Yes Blueberry can be a bear to clear. Plan on aging 6 months. After adding clearing agents I wait 4 weeks before I rack. Then, 3-4 weeks rack... repeat..

does this mean my blueberry is clearing decently?
it's so dark, it's hard to tell...

My BB is also really dark -- I can just barely see the flashlight when looking thru the 6-gal carboy, so yours is more clear than mine!

Back