Blueberry bulk aging

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirtydog420

Reaction score
I want your opinion. I have three options on what to do with my blueberry wine which I am going to make:

Option 1.) I can start the wine now, let it ferment, rack properly for 5 months before I move to florida in late march. I would keep it in a carboy in my parents basement, having my mother keep an eye on the airlock for about a year until I get home and am able to bottle...

Option 2.) Is too wait until I get to florida where I can keep a good eye on it until I move home. only problem is that I wouldn't be able to keep it a basement, basicly would be in my living room for a year..

Option 3.) Wait until I move home in about a 2 years...

what do you think?

Thanks
Dirty Dog

The Mom option sounds OK but she will have to add 1/4 tsp of k-meta every 3 months also. You can make up a solution for her and have her add the desired amount when needed or just premeasure 1/4 tsp and have her disslove it in some water before she adds it every 3 months. You could also keep it on your living room no problem, lots of peple do it while bilk aging, not a great idea if bottled though with temp changes. Optoin 3 hurts me to think about it!!!!!!!!

Option 4.) find a fellow wine maker to give it to with an understanding you'll split the rewards. :b it'll be ready to drink when you come home!

option 3 hurts me too wade..

I think I am going to wait just so I can have a batch of wine going while I am living in florida since I am going to be on a tight budget once there and most likely wont be able to afford anything else (I already got most of blueberries needed for a 3 gal batch)..

Latest posts

Back