Quantcast

Blueberries

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

silverbullet07

Reaction score
I will have to remember to use the pressed berries next time. I already put the berries in my compost pile.

silverbullet07

Reaction score
Tested my ph and ta of my finished blueberry wine. It is a month old. Ph is 3.4 and ta is 6%. Is this good so far?
4E04F00A-E9F0-4F50-A3DE-9BF9D0F1F43D.jpeg

hounddawg

Dawg
Reaction score
very N.E. Arkansas in the instep of MO, BOOTHILL,,
your PH is well in range, your color looks great, I do all sweet country wines as primitive as possible, yes looks like your going good, on all my PH & TA i if the wine needs adjusted ,, i adjust before bottling with either crabapples or triple acid blend, i shoot for a PH OF 3.6 but close is good,,,
Dawg

Last edited:

silverbullet07

Reaction score
your PH is well in range, your color looks great, I do all sweet country wines as primitive as possible, what are you calling TA?
Dawg
It is the measure of total acidity. It was 6.0 g/l or 6%. Table wine is suppose to be 6-7%. Not sure how country wine relate to this or if blueberry should fall in the same range.

hounddawg

Dawg
Reaction score
very N.E. Arkansas in the instep of MO, BOOTHILL,,
It is the measure of total acidity. It was 6.0 g/l or 6%. Table wine is suppose to be 6-7%. Not sure how country wine relate to this or if blueberry should fall in the same range.
same thing stated differently, yes you are on target, looks like all that's left is the best ingredient Time,, I age everything, wine just gets better with time, i make skeeter pee port to alow my wines to age,, lol
Dawg

Rice_Guy

Reaction score
It doesn’t get much better!
I run high fruit so my TA is close to one per liter which forces me to back sweeten to 1.010.
Tested my ph and ta of my finished blueberry wine. It is a month old. Ph is 3.4 and ta is 6%. Is this good so far?

silverbullet07

Reaction score
It doesn’t get much better!
I run high fruit so my TA is close to one per liter which forces me to back sweeten to 1.010.
Thanks. this batch was 7lbs blueberries per gal. I had to add acid blend at start since the starting PH was 3.64 and TA was 3.

just have to keep waiting Now.

xnotx

Junior
Reaction score
Looking good! Mine's going slowwww was at .996 in secondary, checking it on the 29th to see if it moved any.

silverbullet07

Reaction score
i have some time but I was thinking about how I may back sweeten. Can I use a 65 brix blueberry concentrate as the source to back sweeten? I thought that may provide the sugar and also provide more berry flavor if needed. Sort of just thinking it through At this point. Of course I would try samples first and use potassium sorbate to stabilize. I like to really taste the fruit in my fruit wines and thought if needed, this may help.

Latest posts