Blowing my own trumpet

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic!!👍 If you like, you can send a bottle to me and I'll check just to be sure you didn't get robbed of a gold metal !!!
Local boy makes good!!!
I think all the dandelion wine from last year is finished and I have only a couple of bottles of the lemon wine left: it was a family favorite, but in my book one is only as good as the judging from the last competition and so this year's wines for the next competitions are being readied - mulberry, check, heather, check, elderflower, check, crab apple (too soon to tell) t'ej, check

Nice work on metaling. Were there specific fruit categories or all country wines? Any pointers for the lemon? I have 9 gal of lemon in carboys right now and im not sure stylistically what to try. I was going to use some of it for a blend with a strawberry that is also in carboys. Because I knew that I was blending, I didnt have a strong plan for the lemon to stand on its own. Any tips appreciated.

Nice work on metaling. Were there specific fruit categories or all country wines? Any pointers for the lemon? I have 9 gal of lemon in carboys right now and im not sure stylistically what to try. I was going to use some of it for a blend with a strawberry that is also in carboys. Because I knew that I was blending, I didnt have a strong plan for the lemon to stand on its own. Any tips appreciated.
I based my lemon wine on Skeeter Pee. Twelve percent ABV and Premier Blanc yeast. Made the wine for my stepson a) to show him how easy it is to make a drinkable wine and b) because he is in his final year at a college and he likes to be able to share wines with his buddies and room mates.

My recipe was a variant on Skeeter Pee. Used bottled lemon juice and step fed the yeast the lemon juice so as not to overwhelm the yeast with too much acidity. My version was crystal clear with no hint of yellow (so not "skeeter PEE"). Used 71B , if I recall (not near my notes) and this was a favorite of our son and his mates. Back sweetened to about 1.012.

Latest posts

Back