blending wines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gordonm

Reaction score
I have St. Pipen and La crosse grapes that I want to blend together at about 50/50. I was wondering when would be the best time to mix them. Right now they just starting fermentation in separate buckets. thanks, gordon

Since you already have them going separately, I suggest keeping that way and blending after they are finished. I have done co-fermentation and separate fermentation and don't see a great advantage to either way. In your case, on the off chance that something goes wrong with either batch you would still have another.

blend after completion of all events. clearing, oak, mlf etc. each wine should be completely finished in the style you desire and then blend. I would also try other blend percentages than 50/50. actually the whole range ie 10/90, 20/80, 30/70 etc. than switch wine variety and do the same. In this way you will find the best blend and also extend your education in wine blending.

Latest posts

Back