blending question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time for a bench trial. My bet is it will take a lot of pear and just a little elderberry. Elders are strong flavored and will probably try and overpower the pear. Good luck with it, Arne.

I agree with Arne. When you want to blend create a bench trial. That means that you add known and specific volumes of one wine to known and specific volumes of the second wine , for example, 1:8; 1;7; 1:6... 1:2 ; 1:1, 2:1; 3:1 etc etc. until you determine the blend you most prefer.

So you an Arne are telling me to make tons of different veryations then sample them all, get so lite up I'll have to redo this bench over an over again,
I LIKE THE WAY YOU GENTLEMEN THINK,,,
Dawg
:ib

[/B]
I agree with Arne. When you want to blend create a bench trial. That means that you add known and specific volumes of one wine to known and specific volumes of the second wine , for example, 1:8; 1;7; 1:6... 1:2 ; 1:1, 2:1; 3:1 etc etc. until you determine the blend you most prefer.

So you an Arne are telling me to make tons of different veryations then sample them all, get so lite up I'll have to redo this bench over an over again,
Dawg
:ib

[/B]

My thought to go along with this is when you find the one you think you like, try it again the next day or so when you havn't been sampling a bunch. Sometimes the tastes change overnight if you have been imbibing a bit. Arne.

"So you an Arne are telling me to make tons of different veryations then sample them all, get so lite up I'll have to redo this bench over an over again,
Dawg
In%20the%20bottle.gif
"
Ha! ::
Again, Arne gets my full agreement but I would say that even when you are bench testing you don't need to drink every last drop of every sample.. You are simply tasting the blends and some samples are going to be meh.. and other samples are going to be maybe a keeper while one might be a clear winner.. and of course you might invite some buddies round to help you with the bench test... or help carry you off :db

Latest posts

Back