Blending for Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Below are some pictures I took of my blending process with my cylinder and blending glasses. I know lots of people blend Skeeter Pee upfront but as we have talked about in the past blending the end products really does produce better results IMO.

This first picture is just plain Skeeter Pee before blending.

DSCN2084.jpg

This is the color after blending with my tart Cranberry wine.

DSCN2086.jpg

And the finished product! Ready for competition next month.

DSCN2091.jpg

I think to make it memorable you need to add a "skeeter" to the bottle. If you get the skeeter it's good luck.

looks like a mad scientist work shop ;)

mysmiley.png
You should see the other side of the basement! Honestly I have other wine to enter competition but I am on a mission. I want to win a ribbon for a wine called Skeeter Pee :pee. Not only doing it for myself just for sheets and giggles but I would like to win a ribbon for Lon to post on his web site.

skeeter pee

OK, Ive been away for a while but what is skeeter pee?

OK, Ive been away for a while but what is skeeter pee?

Joe, this is probably one of the most talked about wines this summer. Doing a search on any wine forum or Google will bring up tons of info. You can check out the web site at skeeterpee.com
As stated above it starts out as a hard lemon aid with a high abv. Many of us then tweak it to our own likings. It is a very fast summer drink to make from start to finish. Easy to drink and quick to knock you on your can.

Heck, Troy was talking about making this a few weeks ago and we haven't heard from him since. Either he's making a ton selling it in his village or he's sprawed out on the floor with his cats.

Last edited:
skeeter pee

I guess anything is worth a try.........its crtainly different:)

Latest posts

Back