Quantcast

Blender for cherries

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

bluedart

Reaction score
I would like to make some cherry mead and would like to know if I can blend the cherries before starting for ease of getting them out of the carboy.

Bigb20524

Junior
Reaction score
I typically do my primary in a bucket or a wide mouthed jug, if you can get your hands on them wine bags or some pantyhoes work well.

Arne

Reaction score
Yep, way easier to bag them and do the primary part in a bucket of some kind. Brute makes a 10 gal. garbage can that gives you lots of room for a six or seven gal. batch and still have room for the fruit. Blend them and do a batch, then do another batch in an open container with the fruit bagged. Think you will see why lots of us bag the fruit. Make sure you leave some headspace while doing the primary ferment. Otherwise when you stir, add some other ingredients, disturb the container in some way, the ferment will tend to overflow. Doesnt hurt to put the primary fermenter in a tub or even set it in a big garbage bag. Don't have to pull it all the way up just have it under so if things overflow it can catch some of the mess. A bit of experience talking. Arne.

Latest posts