Blanc du Bois Yeast not active

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Morning everyone,

I recently got Blanc du bois grape juice this past weekend and ended up inoculating them with ec118 on Sunday. 2 of my five gallon containers are fermenting away, and 2 of them are complete duds. Any recommendations for next steps? We’ve hit it with a yeast nutrient to hopefully give it what it needs but not sure what’s the best next step: do we inoculate again?

Morning everyone,

I recently got Blanc du bois grape juice this past weekend and ended up inoculating them with ec118 on Sunday. 2 of my five gallon containers are fermenting away, and 2 of them are complete duds. Any recommendations for next steps? We’ve hit it with a yeast nutrient to hopefully give it what it needs but not sure what’s the best next step: do we inoculate again?

If the containers all contain the same grapes and yeast, I can't imagine why half would be rolling along and the other half is not, but that's immaterial. You could add more yeast, or just mix the fermenting containers with the ones that aren't.

Back