Blackberry

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RW, your too much! :gb Troy, excuse me but it sounded like you just didnt want to spend the time. You have guns dont you? Im almost positive you have a 12 gauge and buckshot is cheap enough! hehehe. Rhubarb makes an excellent wine!!!!!!! I havent made it as of yet but everytime we go to this one local winery we buy a bottle of it! I have never seen anyone growing any around here in a long time but my parents used to. I wish I had more realestate in my yard that got sun cause Id grow a lot more stuff.

Whe have berries, rhubarb, fireweed, and rosehips, but not a whole lot else.
Melons don't grow here. They(the UNIV. is however trying to clone a siberian crabapple with other cold weather apples, but that is years away.

2 years in a row I have lost my favorite berry patch to the FN bears, they win.

Shoot em? Great, and then what? If you don't salvage the meat you can go to jail. And they won't let you keep the meeat, not that you would want to eat a grizz, and then they take it off your tag. Kinda like hnting with know benefit. If you shoot them in defence of life or property, than it belongs to the State, they don't even let you kep the hide.

I always wondered about this, if Moose and bears are the property of the state than who do I sue when they wipe out the garden or kill my animals?

Just not worth it anymore, I will just by the bases.

If you want to go after a bear with buckshot you will loose. You need a slug and you have to wait till they are like 100 ft or less before you shoot them, don't aim for the head, it'll bounce off. If theyre charging you had better not be wavering.

I just inquired about getting leanne into a " bear defence" course offered here by one of the senior NRA instructors.

These bears are nothing to mess with.

Sell me the bases!!!!! LMAO!

Last edited:
Rhubarb makes an excellent wine!!!!!!! I havent made it as of yet but everytime we go to this one local winery we buy a bottle of it! I have never seen anyone growing any around here in a long time but my parents used to. I wish I had more realestate in my yard that got sun cause Id grow a lot more stuff.

I did 6 gallons last year and it is outstanding. I just picked up five more gallon to start another batch because everyone liked it so much. I will get six more gallons this spring when Walkers start pressing it again. They get the rhubarb out of Arkansas.

yeah but now I have to learn how to use it. They have a two hour class Wed nite i can go to.

a 2 hour class ?!?! that is NUTS!! just google the phones name and peruse the forums!! if you can do wine, you can do this phone ;)

I'd like to try the rubarb, one of the first inquiries I ever made in here was about rhubarb, just haven't got that far yet.

If I remember, it can be a tough wine to get perfect, don't remeber the reasons, but its on the proverbial "list".

I know you did, but still just not worth harvesting for wine, and then the mosquitoes here are outrageous, our unofficial state bird) , you have to have so much bug dope on it'll make you sick.

Again, sell me the bases. LOL

Not sure but it doesn't seem to me rhubarb needs alot of sun. I may be wrong.

Started this recipe on Jan 6th ,19. I didn't add all of the sugar I held off at 5 pounds, I believe. Still got a SG of 1.086 to start. I used the Premier yeast
I racked it into a clean 3 gal. carboy and added 3 campden tablets. Fermentation has shut down and now I'm just waiting a couple of months to bottle. I checked the cost and it sells for $34.99 .

Latest posts

Back