blackberry wine recipe

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

granda

Reaction score
can anyone recommend a blackberry wine recipe ive found lots but they all vary with fruit amounts so i was looking for a tried and tested one
thanks

I was asked to post what I did with my Blackberry last week and still have been to lazy to type it out(preoccupied with being dumped) I will get to it this weekend

Granda, the recipes here in the recipe section are tried and true. Just follow the rule of around 5-6 pounds of berries per gallon. Keep your SG at 1.080 to 1.090. Ferment to dry, don't try to have it finish sweet. Stabilize and back sweeten to taste. THat is how to make a tried and true wine.

Granda, the recipes here in the recipe section are tried and true. Just follow the rule of around 5-6 pounds of berries per gallon. Keep your SG at 1.080 to 1.090. Ferment to dry, don't try to have it finish sweet. Stabilize and back sweeten to taste. THat is how to make a tried and true wine.

I'll second that ! :b

x3. learned this on my own and would recommend the same thing. :r

And if you do try the high starting sg in the hopes it will finish off sweet do so with a wine that will hide a higher abv like Black Currant or Blackberry. Last years Blackberry I did witha higher starting sg and a low tolerant yeast and it worked out well for me and actually quit right where I wanted it but another forum member followed my recipe and i warned him it was a crap shoot and his went way beyond. I would never try this with a fruit like starwberry or melon or even apple as in my opinion that wine woukld be ruined. I do like to test the boundaries some times.

thanks folks im gonna start it tomorrow and let u know how it goes

blackberry off elderberry on my wife used my blackberries to cook a pie

Latest posts

Back