Blackberry wine recipe?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should I top it off with boiled water, or boiled sugar water? It has more air in it that I think is optimal...although we got ALOT of the light purple "sludge" and lees out by racking this first time.

Also, how long until we should rack again? That was the first racking, about 3 months since start.

I woukd either rack to smaller vessels or find something to diplace the missong volume or top up with a similiar wine. Have you added both k-meta and sorbate at this point?

We have not added these yet. . . should they be added with each racking? I think we will use steralized marbles to dispace the air.

It seems as if the sediment and/or yeast/lees are sitting ontop of the sterilized marbles we added to the 1gal jar to "top" it off for the correct air level.

How should we go about racking it again, and in how long? It's been about 3 months now with one racking (into the marbles.) Can you add superclear© even when you are still fermenting?

Thanks!!!!

You add the clearing agent after the wine has been stabilized with the sulfites and sorbate. You only add the sorbate once to stabilize. Depending on how long you bulk age depends on how often you add sulfites. If you are going to clear the wine and then bottle. I would just add it once when you are stabilizing, let the wine drop clear and bottle it.

I would rack off the lees when its done fermenting, stabilze with sulfite and sorbate, degas and then add fiining agent if you desire so. DO NOT ADD fining agent while a wine is still fermenting or you will have a reverse settling with all the lees at the top instead of the bottom.

Back