Blackberries and Blueberries

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowboytex

Reaction score
I have about 4lbs of blackberries and a couple of lbs of blueberries, I need a recipe that I can use for these.
thanks
cowboytex

There are recipes in the Recipe section. Easily adapted to whatever you have on hand.

That might make one gallon. Can you get more?

That might make one gallon. Can you get more?

sams club had both blackberries and blueberries today...and many other fruits...i will make a seperate post for that, lol...
remember, jack keller site has lots of recipes, but up ur fruit poundage!

sams club had both blackberries and blueberries today...and many other fruits...i will make a seperate post for that, lol...
remember, jack keller site has lots of recipes, but up ur fruit poundage!
Better yet. Check OUR recipies.

Better yet. Check OUR recipies.

I did check the recipes, here and on Jack's site but I didn't see a blend of Blackberries and Blueberries. I just poured the frozen blackberries and blueberries into a 5 gallon bucket, boiled 1 gallon of water and added 2 1/2 lbs of sugar to the boiling water stirred to dissolve and poured into the bucket. then 3/4 tsp.pectic enzyne, 11/2 tsp acid blend, 1 tsp. yeast nutrient,1/4 tsp. yeat energizer. I'll wait for 4-6 hours to take my hydrometer reading then add the yeast.........what do you think? I'll stir once a day for 7 days or until the Specific Gravity gets down to 1.030. I will strain out the fruit pulp and siphon into my secondary vessal and fit airloc. Rack in three weeks and again in two months. When wine is clear, rack again and stablize. Sweeten to taste and set aside for 30 days........drink after ?

Latest posts

Back