Bitter Fruit Wine & Moscato Kit

Discussion in 'Forum Comments, Suggestions & Help' started by Benn, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Benn

Benn Junior

I am extremely new to wine making. I started my very first batch of strawberry wine a couple of weeks ago. I just got my wine into the secondary fermenter a few days ago and the recipe said i could try it. The wine is very bitter so my question is how long and should it sweeten up in the secondary and should I plan to add simple syrups when I get ready for bottling?

My next question is Moscato. The only kit I have really seen is the California from winexpert which I ordered. Is there any other recommended kits?

2. salcoco

salcoco Veteran Wine Maker Supporting Member

the strawberry wine is to new to judge any characteristics good or bad. wait abut three months before making any judgement. follow good so2 procedures and wait.
    I would google moscato wine kits and see what you get. i believe RJ Spaniel make one and probably others.

3. Arne

Arne Senior Member

Salcoco is steering you along the right path. You will probably get more answers to your questions if you post in the beginners forum rather than here. I believe more people look thru there with intentions of helping out. And welcome to the forum. Arne.