Other Bit of fun visualizing the hobby!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! I'm lucky to keep track if the number of carboys that are full and when I last topped. Nice data tracking.

Love it!

My company has been on a journey of getting some very detailed, customizable financial reporting for the executive team and we're using Tableau. A couple of the people developing the content completely geeked out when we started and we had to reel them in. There were some very interesting (but fairly useless) data points being illustrated and I knew that certain execs would geek out as well if they got their eyes on it. Did not want to go there as it would have created a lot of pain for zero gain, just to show someone something that looked cool.

Love it!

My company has been on a journey of getting some very detailed, customizable financial reporting for the executive team and we're using Tableau. A couple of the people developing the content completely geeked out when we started and we had to reel them in. There were some very interesting (but fairly useless) data points being illustrated and I knew that certain execs would geek out as well if they got their eyes on it. Did not want to go there as it would have created a lot of pain for zero gain, just to show someone something that looked cool.

I concur wholeheartedly. I have the same issue at our company. Reigning in the data geeks seems like nearly a full time job. Some folks love data and charts even if they don't lead to any actions or management decisions. Our COO has over 300 KPI's in one plant. I always say that if there are more than 10, then they are no longer key performance indicators, but simply become indicators (and usually meaningless ones).

However, I love the chart because tracking wine making and consumption is MEANINGFUL.

Thanks. Glad you all like it! I just reaslised I had loads of data and not much done with it!

I also work in BI designing Tableau dashboards and people totally go overboard. Simplicity is key, otherwise it may look good but won't tell you much.

Back