Birthday party.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leanne

Fiesty Winer
Reaction score
So, for the first time, I'm nervous about serving my wines. I'm having a birthday party with family and friends and I cannot drink this time. The tasting of a newly opened bottle will be done with me scouring the face of the taster for reaction. hmmm, this could be fraught!

LOL,

I think you will do fine. You can always look at this way, since you are not drinking, you will be paying more attention to everyone else's reactions and you will know if someone is just being polite.

And since you will be paying more attention and say there is a wine that isn't quite right you might be able to diagnosed the problem and make it better! :h

Just have fun!

I intend to have lots of fun, Julie. Good music, good food, good conversation. I love throwing parties.

Party will be great. You could even explain to some who are curious how wine is made and what you're thinking about making next. Ask if they prefer dry, sweet wines etc. Enjoy!

This is what I say to someone who has not tasted my wine;
"Please tell me if you like it
Also tell me if you don't like it
Reason is if you don't like it I will have that much more for ME to drink."

They will be dragged around my wine room and cellar as usual. Lol. I always insist on showing off my wines before letting them have any fun.

This is what I say to someone who has not tasted my wine;
"Please tell me if you like it
Also tell me if you don't like it
Reason is if you don't like it I will have that much more for ME to drink."

Yeah, it's going to be strange watching people drink my precious wine and not taste it myself. I will ask for HONEST opinions though.

Decant if you can, or at least make sure you let the bottles breath for an hour or so before they taste. That always seems to help homemade wines.

Good luck... you and your wines will do fine.

I will Robie. The party is Monday night so I have plenty of time.

Sounds like lots of fun. I had a party last month and I only knew half the people that came. The rest worked with my wife. It turned out to be a lot of fun meeting new people and showing them around the cellar. Also invited winethief from this forum that I never met and made a new friend.

Sounds like lots of fun. I had a party last month and I only knew half the people that came. The rest worked with my wife. It turned out to be a lot of fun meeting new people and showing them around the cellar. Also invited winethief from this forum that I never met and made a new friend.

Sounds really good. I have a party about once a month and really enjoy them. I love getting people together and seeing them relax.

Darn! It just got soggy I guess!!! Come celebrate with me! Lol.

Hey everyone .....Party at Leanne's Mon, nite.... Now all I need to do is get to England.............

Well,l I will be in Germany to visit my daughter and son in law in about month.:slp

Have a great party LOL:hug

Knew I should have bought those plane tickets when they advertised them for over your way .They were only $99 .Hope you enjoy your party .

Latest posts

Back