Big year this year!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wineisgud

Reaction score
Hey all, nature loving, soon to be dad, lover of beer cider wine and whiskeys, from CT. I’m over at homebrewtalk as beerisgud. I grew a bunch of hops last year and this year I started a small backyard vineyard. I’m sure you’ll see me asking a bunch of questions and hopefully answering some along my journey. Once I get the plants in the ground I will post a thread and pics documenting the progression. Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me out along the way!

Welcome to WMT, you have come to the right place, it's almost impossible to not learn a ton in a short time when reading posts and having many very helpful people answerinng questions.. Good Luck!

I enjoy the sense of community found on these forums when I don’t have any brewing or winemaking friends! Thanks for the welcome guys!

I dont personally know many people who make wine, which is interesting to me how it was something I knew I wanted to get good at years before I started, it's almost like it's in our DNA to have the desire to ferment fruit or something. kinda weird !

Lol I have a kind of unique story for how I got into it... I was never a beer guy it was always wine or whiskey when I was younger or cheap beer. Then when the craft beer boom exploded my palate changed and I became interested in brewing. My friend worked at hooker brewing in CT and sold me all of his homebrew gear. Kettles, burner, kegs and kegerator, everything and more before I knew what I was doing. I jumped in head first. At the time, I was caring for an old woman’s property after her gardening/wine making husband passed. She then hooked me up with a wine rack, bottle trees, bottles, carboys etc. I felt like I owed it to him to continue the winemaking. When I found out I was going to be a father I decided to part ways with caring for her property this year. I made my first batch of wine last year and brought her a bottle for the family to share as a parting gift. I’ll miss her! She’d always give me lots of blueberries and figs😋

@CTDrew Hey drew! Looking forward to starting a new thread on my mini vineyard. Can’t wait to start visiting our local vineyards again this year. I’ll be looking at the wine and their vines with new eyes thanks to resources like this!

Welcome to WMT and to a hobby that can drive the whole spectrum of emotions from joy and delight to fear and frustration! The folks on the forum here have played an invaluable role in helping me establish my own little vineyard down in Virginia. Best of luck and looking forward to tracking your progress!

Latest posts

Back