Big Mistake need advice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoogie

Reaction score
Need advice please on grave mistake. My pumpkin wine went well although messy at first...finally fermented dry and needed to stabalize...used Pepctic Enzyme instead of Potassium Sorbate....couldn't figure why it started fermenting instead of clearing ...Did I ruin the wine or can it be saved? I added the K-meta and clearing pack and degassed allready. Appreciate any help with this :<

Need advice please on grave mistake. My pumpkin wine went well although messy at first...finally fermented dry and needed to stabalize...used Pepctic Enzyme instead of Potassium Sorbate....couldn't figure why it started fermenting instead of clearing ...Did I ruin the wine or can it be saved? I added the K-meta and clearing pack and degassed allready. Appreciate any help with this :<

ok..Zoogie?

your question is a bit confusing. did you add pectic enzyme and then sweeten?

so you thought you had stabilised and then sweetened the wine?

Allie

Sorry to confuse and thanks for helping yes I back sweetened after degass etc

Well wait till its finished fermenting then add sorbate the pectic will not hurt the wine. You will have to sweeten again. How does it taste so far.

Whew thanks Ali and Tom :) It taste pretty good but needs age...would I make it again no lol

The only problem you have now due to the mistake is that you may have more abv then you wanted and it will need more time to mellow out and that alc may always show through. If its clear again then i probably wouldnt play around with it too much.

phew.. could have been worse Zoogie..

at least the wine is salvageable..

:h

Allie

Latest posts

Back