Big Dollar wines??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myakkagldwngr

Reaction score
Have any of you tried any of the wines you always hear talked about that cost thousands of dollars?
I've always wondered just how good a bottle of wine would have to be to be worth 15 or 20 K?

Nope, I figure my palate probably wouldn't be discerning enough, so it would be wasted on me.

I think spending 15k to 20k on a bottle of wine is a waste of money.. kind of like having 20K's worth of diamond ring. Bit pointless really.

Allie

For me a big dollar wine is a $20.00 a bottle wine. My wife goes through one of those a day. I need to get a whole bunch of white wine made as she is costing me an arm and a leg. I have hundreds of bottles of reds. She hardly ever drinks a red though.

1 a day aint bad. Here Wife and daughter go thru 2-3 a day. Now you know why I need to make so much.

For 15K I could by, like, a bunch of cool motorcycles.

You gotta have priorities. ;)

Peace,
Bob

heheh Bob,

for 15K I could have a purpose built shed for all my winemaking stuff.

Allie :p

1 a day aint bad. Here Wife and daughter go thru 2-3 a day. Now you know why I need to make so much.

Tom, if it were my wine, one a day would be nothing. This is store bought at $23.00 a bottle. All she wants to drink is Santa Margarita Pinot Grigio.

Oh my !!
Quick, see if a wine kit manufacture can make a clone!

Gawd, I have found myself a home!!!
I agree, I probably couldn't tell the difference and I too would love to have that kind of money so the wife and I could take another vacation on the Goldwing.
I'm the only one drinking wine here at home, well just about the only one drinking period.
Lately I've been alternating between my wine and another on going experiment.
I know I made a mistake when I only made 5 gallons of my blackberry. I do like it.

For 15K I could by, like, a bunch of cool motorcycles.

You gotta have priorities. ;)

Peace,
Bob

Tell me where I can buy a bunch of cool motorcycles for $15,000!

(or did you mean there are many models of bikes that go for $15,000...cuz I was hoping you meant there was a bulk discount :)

i actually tasted something expensive once
$400 a bottle stuff that was just utterly disgusting
i dont get the facination when it taste like something strained off the bottom of a carboy LOL

Tell me where I can buy a bunch of cool motorcycles for $15,000!

(or did you mean there are many models of bikes that go for $15,000...cuz I was hoping you meant there was a bulk discount :)

I guess "cool" is a relative term...I always buy used, and I'm not into Harley's or choppers.

For 15K, I could probably find a Duc, another Triumph, and a couple of old BMW's that could use some TLC. Throw in a Japanese bike with that and there's your bunch. :h

Peace,
Bob

Latest posts

Back