Big bubbles with degassing

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Alibaba.41, the most difficult lesson to learn in winemaking is patience.

I've been making wine for decades, and even so, every single ferment is exciting. I get very excited by every single wine. The one significant difference between my first batch and the current wines is that I now believe I have a clue. ;)

Fermentation and clearing is measured in weeks. After that, things are measured in months.

If you want something to drink soon ... and everyone does ... make a batch of Skeeter Pee and/or Dragon's Blood. Each wine has a dedicate forum, and both are quick drinkers. This gives you the opportunity to enjoy the fruits of your labors while your other wines have a chance to age.

Yes I realized that after my first batch.. now this is just a technical issue with the thermostat (as mentioned above)that accidentally accelerated thing I bit much.
But thanks for your comment😇

What I really love about this new passion of mine is that unlike the psychological reward you get when say you raise exotic fishs as a hobby this one has both the physical reward and also takes care of my psychological balance 🥂 in an other word with due respect to all the aquarium enthusiastic out there I rather raise yeast cells 😁

Last edited:
What I really love about this new hobby of mine is that unlike the psychological reward of say having an exotic fish aquarium as a hobby this is a physical and takes care also of my psychological well-being 🥂
I had to reflect upon this.

Winemaking is a physical activity. At the same time, it builds connections with others, as a shared activity with specific milestones. Winemaking is a LOT more fun when either of my sons are home, it's something we share. This explains my up-and-down interest over the last 30 years. I have collaborators now, most of them virtual, but regardless it's that much more fun with someone to share it with.

Psychological? Spiritual? Most humans are pack animals and we do best in conjunction with those who share our psychosis!

Also remember that we are builders. We make things. Nothing is cooler than that.

Latest posts

Back