better then apple, cherry pie moonshine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesngalveston

Reaction score
made this today, and i think that i like it better then the apple pie.

CHERRY PIE MOONSHINE

Ingredients:
1gallon cherry juice
1gallons Cherry Cider
1-1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1-1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
4 packets Spiced Apple mix
4 whole Cinnamon Sticks
2 whole cloves
1 Tbs Vanilla Extract
(1-1/4 bottles) 190-Proof Grain Alcohol (I use Everclear)

Preparations:
Combine all ingredients (except for the alcohol) in a large stock pot and bring to a boil.

Remove the pot from heat and let cool to room temperature. Remove the cloves, then add in the alcohol.

Immediately transfer to sterile mason jars (I use 9 1-quart jars).

The concoction is ready for consumption, warm or cold! I store them in my beer fridge, but they will keep just fine in a cool dark place.

I estimate the final alcohol content to be about 40 proof.

I see the OP is no longer here.
I ran across this, and would love to make it, but can't find cherry cider off the shelf.
Has anyone made this?

I haven't made this, but it does sound fun. I'd try something like the Vintners Harvest canned puree as a start, since I am not sure about cherry cider either. Is that intended as a cherry/apple blend, a hard cherry unfiltered juice, or something else?

Just made a batch of Vishniak (Cherry brandy) using sour cherry juice, orange blossom honey and vodka. It's very "more-ish" but the next batch I make I will add a little bit of vanilla and some hazelnuts

Sounds delicious! I have plans for a mead with added cherry juice already. Might have to add several cherry recipes to the list.
Just made a batch of Vishniak (Cherry brandy) using sour cherry juice, orange blossom honey and vodka. It's very "more-ish" but the next batch I make I will add a little bit of vanilla and some hazelnuts

By 1 1/4 bottles of Everclear do you mean 750 liter bottles? Thanks JIM

i wish i had not seen this, i've got plans for quite a few dry rotted carboys, as far fetched as this sounds, it has gotten my attention, i wonder how smooth it is, i've always stuck with either pineapple or lemon to use with grain alcohol. welp i'll mark it, maybe near fall,,,

My aunt used to make cherries marinated in vodka in July of each year, by Christmas they were so delicious.

My aunt used to make cherries marinated in vodka in July of each year, by Christmas they were so delicious.
were they smooth, rephrase, does cherry hide the alcohol bite away, when i drink sprists i can hang with anyone, but when i drink country wines i want it to kick like a mule but taste super smooth, thanks
Dawg

Back