Better Label Pricing - Avery "Bulk"

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooter68

Fruit "Wine" Maker
Reaction score
I know that folks here have a wide variety of sources and needs for labels.

For those who do your own and use Avery brand labels - here's the least expensive way to order them:

https://www.avery.com/blank/

This link takes you to the Avery labels sold in various quantities from 1 to 5,000. Obviously as the quantity goes up the price drops measurably and at about 10 sheets it's on par with the store packages (Pretty multi-color packaged) The variety may not be quite as wide by the are a variety of paper types and colors even. (Including Clear)
According to my chat with Avery customer support yesterday, the most water resistant 'paper' is the "Surface Safe White Film for Signs" It's supposed to be good in damp conditions and be removable. That's per the Avery CS person.

You do pay shipping As I remember from my orders but the shipping costs aren't outlandish. According to the current info it's a flat $3.00 rate.

Here's an image of the page with the prices for one of the labels I use in the Surface Safe Film

upload_2019-10-15_9-35-44.png

Attachments

• AveryOrderpage image.jpg
    AveryOrderpage image.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 13
These are the labels I normally order. I go for something that has 12 labels per page, 1 page per case I made. It works pretty good, sometimes I waste a few labels, but at $0.70/page I generally don't get really upset about it. oh and free shipping.These are 2 1/8 inch square.

And if you go with normal paper choice that cost drops drastically $0.23/page

Capture.JPG

Yup plenty of size and paper choices there. I have the matte white but will probably go with the "Surface Safe" next time around. Just didn't know about it until someone else mentioned it in another thread.

Those tapered bottles (start tapering about 2 inches from the bottom, are a real pain to fit labels to. I realized that too late on the last batch I labeled. The original labels were very short (height and duh... that's why. Oh well, always learning.

WineBottleRose.jpg

When George was around I always bought my important labels from him, classic looking labels, also using Avery for other purposes,now I've been using Noon Time labels for specifics, for 6 and Chang for 30count ,a good value and a finished product is product.

"https://www.onlinelabels.com/ are much cheaper and you get free software when you purchase."
Guess I prefer the arch top labels that are both water/tear resistant and easily removable. Could not find that type material/adhesive or the Arch top. I design my labels on Avery site free and download print design to my PC

"https://www.onlinelabels.com/ are much cheaper and you get free software when you purchase."
Guess I prefer the arch top labels that are both water/tear resistant and easily removable. Could not find that type material/adhesive or the Arch top. I design my labels on Avery site free and download print design to my PC

I use arch top myself and the Avery software. The link has the weatherproof arch top. click on weatherproof polyester. It should say $49.95 for 100 sheets. Avery's are $70.00 for what I assume are the same or similar.

https://www.onlinelabels.com/products/ol1887?src=dlc-410

Another vote for online labels. Been using them for years. Had one order where the labels were tearing when you went to peel them off the backing (too thin). Called them up and they apologized and immediately sent out a full replacement from a different lot. I used the weatherproof polyester (for laser) 4" x 3.25" (6 per sheet).

Another vote for online labels. Been using them for years. Had one order where the labels were tearing when you went to peel them off the backing (too thin). Called them up and they apologized and immediately sent out a full replacement from a different lot. I used the weatherproof polyester (for laser) 4" x 3.25" (6 per sheet).
Are the weatherproof that much better than regular matte white? Do they survive ice buckets or the washing/rinsing cycle of being reused? I'm looking for a label that can be reused multiple times, currently I might get 2 batches out of the regular labels, usually only a one time deal though. It would save a bunch of time!

Latest posts

Back