Best way to remove a grape vine?

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

cmason1957

CRS Sufferer
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
O'Fallon, MO - Just NorthWest of St. Louis, MO
I've used 2-4-D for years, now thanks to you i know it's name, Recon i should start reading the labels,, And i am not trying to be funny, i do know if you read the active ingredients in round up, the main one is in your cornflakes and most all of General mills cereals, glyphosate
Dawg
Doesn't bother me in the least. Sure it can be found in most cereals, but at what level?? 500 parts per billion?? how can you even measure that low a level? and it MIGHT cause one more cancer incidence in a sample size of a million people. I got other things to worry about. I think alcohol alone causes more increased levels than that.

hounddawg

Dawg
Reaction score
very N.E. Arkansas in the instep of MO, BOOTHILL,,
Doesn't bother me in the least. Sure it can be found in most cereals, but at what level?? 500 parts per billion?? how can you even measure that low a level? and it MIGHT cause one more cancer incidence in a sample size of a million people. I got other things to worry about. I think alcohol alone causes more increased levels than that.
to be honest i don't recall asking you if you care or not, you must be worried by your stock portfolio, was a mere observation,, of course , if you add up every processed food, drink that one consumes daily cannot be left out of the equation, nope it is just a part of life, like big pharma , don't sell meds to cure or they would go broke, no more the a doctor which helped cire anything would have no more work, ect, ect, i made the observation, and to quote you , you opinion Dosen't bother me in the least.
Richard

Snafflebit

Reaction score
I used a hi-lift jack and a chain to pull up the vines. It is working. I made a “tripod” by sawing down some 2x4s and put a bolt in the top threaded through the jack. It helps a lot. YouTube shows several examples. Funny thing. I pulled up some vines which have been “dead” for at least 3 years and looking at the broken roots they are red and wet like a live root. But I tried to slip the skin on the bark just below the scion and the trunk is dead. I don’t see any way to revive that.
6CA47827-9CEC-47AB-8C2F-E3BFFBD7A7B7.jpeg

hounddawg

Dawg
Reaction score
very N.E. Arkansas in the instep of MO, BOOTHILL,,
@hounddawg I am taking your suggestion. I pulled up 4 live vines and transplanted them. After cutting off the broken roots. Fingers crossed!
I'm rooting for your success,,,, no joke,, let me know, on fruit trees watering the first year or two are very important, just don't over water ,,,, ✌
Dawg

Latest posts