Best vineyards in the world

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sour_grapes

Victim of the Invasion of the Avatar Snatchers
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is an article about the awards given for the best vineyards in the world (as ranked by The World’s Best Vineyards Academy, an industry group):
https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/world-best-vineyards-2019/index.html

And the website of the organization, with all 50 nominees: https://www.worldsbestvineyards.com/top-50/

Zuccardi-Estate-2.jpg

Apparently, my taste is only in my mouth. I think that building is hideous and, contrary to the writeup, doesn't 'integrate into its surroundings' one bit. Looks more like a datacenter than a winery - and we have plenty of datacenters around here.

As selected by "The Academy".................................. interesting list of folks who chaired the regions.......

The Academy

The World’s Best Vineyards Academy is the mechanism used to create The World’s Best Vineyards list.

The Academy comprises nearly 500 leading wine aficionados, sommeliers, and luxury travel correspondents from across the globe. Each has been selected for their expert opinion of the international wine and wine tourism scene.

To create the Academy, and give it a fair representation of the global wine scene, we divide the world into geographical regions.

In each region we appointed an acknowledged expert as the Academy Chair. They were responsible for recruiting 36 individuals (a balanced mix of wine aficionados, sommeliers, wine trade, luxury travel correspondents and anyone whose regular hobby and passion is visiting wine regions) to nominate their seven top vineyard experiences. The voters could nominate up to 3 vineyards inside their voting region and at least 4 from outside their voting region.

There were no preset list of requirements but the Academy went beyond the wines and looked at the whole experience. The restaurant, tour, ambiance, staff, the view, the price, reputation, accessibility, everything that makes a vineyard visit a valuable and rewarding experience for visitors.

I am impressed you still got power and internet!

Not sure what you folks are seeing from the outside, but other than a torrential downpour that flooded some surface streets and businesses yesterday, it's pretty much business as usual. Not a cloud in the sky, 1,000,000% humidity, and 92 F at the moment.

Remember my fine desert dweller, that I don't reside within the City of New Orleans, but 25 miles to the North, and at an elevation 35 feet higher. Additionally, my natural gas powered generator will ensure power throughout. Cable and internet throughout would be nice, but not so big of a deal, as long as I'll have air conditioning and a chilly wine cellar with choices for any occasion, meat, a grill and a sous vide, I'm good!!

LOL Sounds like you are ready for the next "big one" whenever it hits! I remember well what it felt like in the mornings in the summer going into the office when I lived in Houston........

Our humidity has been in the single digits this week in comparison. :)

Stay thirsty my friend!

2-0-1-case-studies-large-dosequis-c-740x415px.jpg

Not sure what you folks are seeing from the outside, but other than a torrential downpour that flooded some surface streets and businesses yesterday, it's pretty much business as usual. Not a cloud in the sky, 1,000,000% humidity, and 92 F at the moment.

Remember my fine desert dweller, that I don't reside within the City of New Orleans, but 25 miles to the North, and at an elevation 35 feet higher. Additionally, my natural gas powered generator will ensure power throughout. Cable and internet throughout would be nice, but not so big of a deal, as long as I'll have air conditioning and a chilly wine cellar with choices for any occasion, meat, a grill and a sous vide, I'm good!!

Well here in Arizona's "High Country", actually at the lowest level that "High", we're experiencing our first Arizona heat wave. Havasu to the west and Phoenix to the south are in the 110 to 115 range for the next 5 to 7 days and right around 110 for the last couple of days. We haven't quite hit the 100 mark here yet but definitely reaching the tippy top of the 90's. Humidity been from 10 to 14 pretty much daily. Monsoons may be coming soon though, that should be a whole different ball game.
Mike

Latest posts

Back