Best kits for champagne style wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgmann67

Rennaisance Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m contemplating a little experiment. I want to make a champagne style wine from a wine kit. I’m thinking about the RJS Pinot Noir rose. But, I’d like to see what others think, what’s worked well, what didn’t....

im going to make the wine, skip the preservatives, let it clear, then carbonate in bottle; and rack away from the dead yeast into clean champagne bottles with the alcohol (vodka)/conditioner. Found the instructions online. Looks promising.

All thoughts are welcome.

Well, it is certainly true that capital-C Champagne is made from Pinot Noir (along with Chardonnay and, IIRC, Petit Meunier), the PN is not a rosé. The juice is pressed with no skin time, I believe.

Not that a sparking rosé doesn't sound good! But I wouldn't call it champagne-style, myself. Others may disagree!

Well, it is certainly true that capital-C Champagne is made from Pinot Noir (along with Chardonnay and, IIRC, Petit Meunier), the PN is not a rosé. The juice is pressed with no skin time, I believe.

Not that a sparking rosé doesn't sound good! But I wouldn't call it champagne-style, myself. Others may disagree!

think Moët Chandon Brut Rose. But, yes.

Back