Quantcast

Best Corks In the UK

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Harbrook

Reaction score
Hi....

Please can any of the UK guys, recommend some good corks.. I plan to keep my wine for as long as possible so need a good closure...
Seems like Natural corks are easy to get over the pond, But i'm having problems finding anything that looks like a quality product...
Anyone found a good place to order from in small quantities?

Johnd

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi....

Please can any of the UK guys, recommend some good corks.. I plan to keep my wine for as long as possible so need a good closure...
Seems like Natural corks are easy to get over the pond, But i'm having problems finding anything that looks like a quality product...
Anyone found a good place to order from in small quantities?
Try this site:

http://www.corkstore.co.uk/wine-corks-37-c.asp

Johnd

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Only problem about this place is the £10 delivery charge... it doubles the cost of the corks..

what corks would you use grade wise? I'm considering the 1+1 as they seems good value and a good consistant closure...
Personally, I use high quality corks from Lafite Cork, somewhere around 40 cents each. Lots of folks here use the 1+1 corks very successfully.

Sorry, I can't help you with the shipping, but unless you are close enough to drive, or order in greater quantities, you may need to bite the bullet. I was just trying to help you find what you were looking for, a quality product in the U.K.