Best cleaner

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WAC4504

Reaction score
Looking for the best cleaner to remove the film left behind from storing/aging wine in a gal. jug. I have some One Step, but thought about PBW, or Star San. Open to suggestions. Thanks in advance.

One step and a bottle brush has always worked for me. I just picked up 30 bottles from the local recycle center yesterday and cleaned them up with "one step".

I have used both one-step and PBW. With a bottle brush, they both work. Star San is more for sanitizing than cleaning.

I use Oxi Clean for cleaning and One Step for sanitizing.

Last edited:
I use Oxi Clean for cleaning and One Step for sanitizing.

I use one step for both. Which oxi-clean do you use for cleaning? I believe someone posted something about an oxi green. Not familiar with the oxi clean products.

I use B-Brite which is a brewing cleaner similarly formulated to Oxi-Clean but with little to no sudsing.

oky-clean free here also i do both beer and wine and yet again the per carbonate impressed me. But remember oxy-clean free still has other additives Easy clean and One step do not. So i rinse just to be on the safe side. Then spray bottle star san before using.

Are any of the oxy-clean products equivalent to one step? One step is not cheap so an alternative that is "the same" and less expensive would be welcome.

Oxiclean Free is equivalent to One-Step. (It's Oxiclean with no dyes, perfumes, or chlorine)

What is PBW?

I use one step for both. Which oxi-clean do you use for cleaning? I believe someone posted something about an oxi green. Not familiar with the oxi clean products.

I use the standard formula. I use it for cleaning only and rinse well when done. I don't use it for sanitizing.

Back