Berries or Grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwthomas

Having fun
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have some vines on my land that has got some berries or grapes on them i was wandering if anyone knew what they are

Thank's JW

hear is photos of the berries and leaf

jw 001.jpg

jw 004.jpg

sorryJW,

I have no idea what those are.. hopefully someone will be able to help you..

Alternatively you could take them to your local gardening shop and see if they have the answer?

Allie

I dont know what they are either but I have them growing around here so if you find out let me know.

Thanks Gonzo and i figured they were poisonous by the looks of them but then again until this year didnt know what elderberries looked like either and now I have a 6 gallon batch aging that smells like liquid gold and tomorrow Im taking a 5 hour ride to pick up 15 mature Black Currant bushes.

Those are salal. They are growing all over Pacific northwest and are used as an ornimental srub and in florial arangments. I figure if birds dont eat them I wont either. Its a good rule. Guess mthe Native Americans ate them
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salal

They are everywhere here and no body picks them or eats them. Not even Bears.

Birds and cattle and deer and bears eat the Elderberies here.You snooze you loose.....Upper

Birds and cattle and deer and bears eat the Elderberies here.You snooze you loose.....Upper

lol. we don't have eldeberries on our property, but we have seen them right off the road wild and full of berries! our concords get eaten well before ripe.

i've heard tart cherries will last on a tree, but my mother says that's not true, anyone have any?

cherry wine is great!

Latest posts

Back