Being eaten alive by mosquitoes here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
I think the lil bastards are attracted to the co2 or something from the wine fermenting, they are viscious, I have lived at this cabin for almost 5 yrs and this is far worse than ever and also the first time I had wine going in the spring time. I swear, if I could catch enough of them I would ferment their evil little bodies!!!:D
Troy

You are exactly right Troy. It is the carbon monoxide that is attracting them. It is the same gas we exhale so they have adapted to that being a source of food!! Run for it!! I hear you can hang a dryer sheet from your belt loop and they hate the smell? My wife swears by it.

Troy,
Go to a garden store and look for "ribbon fly paper". String it above whats fermenting and they will stick to it. Also works for fruit flies.

It is C02(Carbon Dioxide we exhale) and also what is produced by fermentation.

I've already went through a box of bird shot, and the lil suckers keep coming, going for the double O buck next. I'l learn 'em.

If nothing else the walls of my cabin have good ventelation. Perhaps I should think about computer repair as long as I have the "tools" out.
:D

Oops. :mMy bad. I must of been breathing too much exhaust when I typed that. Sniff sniff what is that smell!!:s

Troy I usualy go big myself but in this situation and I cant believe you are going to make me say this but I do think you are a little under powered with a 12 gauge for mosquitos! I think a flame thrower or maybe napalm would be more effective!

I have to agree Wade, my arms look like pickles!!Sum beech, there pretty bad, thats why we call them our unofficial state bird
:D

Are they bigger there? If so we need pics of the biggest 1 you can find!

Is there any way you can vent the CO2 fermentation discharge to the outside? Get rid of the mosquitoes and the stench.:r

Just give in...

I for one...accept our new Insectnoid overlords...

3086040316_7d8ea4a47f.jpg

...not really, I just think it's funny...

Hang in there Troy!

Peace,
Bob

Hey what happened to the pic Gonzo??
What the hey its back!! I may have the same problem as Troy did with the time stamp??

Last edited:
This is where I messed up, I shaved the left side of my head. Oh...the details.:d
Troy

Back