Beginning **NEED HELP**

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pbar1

Junior
Reaction score
This may have been asked before so I apologize for any repeat.

I have bought a variety of Flame Table grapes. 2 separate plants. I had them away from frost waiting for it to be a good time to plant them.

Where they were at in my garage they began to grow. It began to heat up here in Southside, AL. With no sign of frost in sight and weather reaching high 70 I prepared the sight and planted them.

They continued to grow and then we had a very late unexpectedly cold spell. It did not frost but it got cold enough to kill off what had grown.

Im now waiting for any sign of life and a month later.... Nothing....

I need some guidance. I really wanted to establish the vines this year that way I could get some grapes out of them.

Please help!

Patience and keep them moist. It is likely only the new growth was killed and they will soon push new buds.

If you want, you can cut the woody part. If you find green, it is still alive and will push shoots from a secondary bud. I've had them die to the ground and push new wood from below ground level.

New growth is very tender and moving from inside to outside can often shock and kill it. Better to condition it by putting out in the day and bringing in at night. I know too late now. I hope the push new shoots for you.

This may have been asked before so I apologize for any repeat.

I have bought a variety of Flame Table grapes. 2 separate plants. I had them away from frost waiting for it to be a good time to plant them.

Where they were at in my garage they began to grow. It began to heat up here in Southside, AL. With no sign of frost in sight and weather reaching high 70 I prepared the sight and planted them.

They continued to grow and then we had a very late unexpectedly cold spell. It did not frost but it got cold enough to kill off what had grown.

Im now waiting for any sign of life and a month later.... Nothing....

I need some guidance. I really wanted to establish the vines this year that way I could get some grapes out of them.

Please help!

I suspect other troubles. You said it didn't frost, but that or lack of moisture is the primary cause of die back. Be patient, and if you want to be sure, plant two more, a person can never have too many vines!

Latest posts

Back