Beet Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I racked the beet wine today.

It tastes sweet, SG is down to about 1.050, and it turned out that I had 2.5 gallons of it. So, I put it in the 3-gallon carboy, and topped off with a mixture of leftover pumpkin wine and sugar water. It shows promise. The color is beautiful ruby-red, with a hint of purple. I hope the color stays, because this looks very nice right now.

Pics? Why did you feel the need to top up with a very active fermentation still happening? Why did you rack so soon? Did you take SG readings before and after the addition? It sounds very nice.

No pics right now. maybe tomorrow.

I topped up because I cannot stand a carboy with too much (0.5 gallon) airspace. I racked because I wanted to. No, I didn't take SG readings afterwards.

I dunno, it sounds like a weird wine. Just don't like the smell

I think the ullage would have been ok while still fermenting strongly at SG 1.050, and you could have topped up later. Since you did not check the SG after the addition,the abv will be a guess.

That's okay with me. I'm trying to keep this easy, and not stress myself out, which I tend to do in other areas of my life.

Not knowing the abv is okay with me.

Are you saying making wine can stress you out?

I think it is important to know the content of anything in the wine and to keep it all in your notes to refer back to later.

Making wine can stress me out. But lots of things stress me out. I'm a type A personality with OCD.....

Really? I thought you more of a type B. Oh well, I am not always right.

smiley35.gif

Latest posts

Back