Beer Sale

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larryh86GT

Reaction score
attachment.php

I like good beer but just don't have time to brew my own yet so I do the next best thing and buy it on sale when I can. These were all buy 1 get 1 free at my local beverage store. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
Larry

Beer sale Feb 5 2010 001 posting.jpg

It's easy to slam things. Myself, I don't care what critics say. I looked at all those ratings long ago. I prefer to be my own person. I try it myself and if I like it I buy it. Hmmmmmm. You ever drink any of these?

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/schmidts-beer/11246/
They may have nailed it on the Schmidts beer though.

Last edited:
Sorry. Couldn't help busting your balls, Larry. That's great that your local distributor has buy one-get one sales. I've never heard of that and would no doubt have purchased some too. You have quite a bit of beer to drink now, that's for sure!

honey raspberry ale? that sounds interesting.

how many beers in a box and how much does a box cost usually?

24 beers in a case. They probably run around $25-30 each normally.

if they had buy one get one free in west auckland .. there'd be queues round the block..

honey raspberry ale? that sounds interesting.

how many beers in a box and how much does a box cost usually?

Well it ends up being 12 cases of 24 bottles each. I bought the Magic Hat at 16.00 a case and the rest at 18.00 a case. Decent beer at Budweiser prices. The honeyraspberry was sweet and very tasty.
Usual price would be double this.:db
Larry

Sorry. Couldn't help busting your balls, Larry. That's great that your local distributor has buy one-get one sales. I've never heard of that and would no doubt have purchased some too. You have quite a bit of beer to drink now, that's for sure!

That's ok Mike. Actually I thought the Schmidts might have been overrated.
It will last me a good 7 - 8 months I figure.:b
Larry

Yeah, I've never heard of that. Upon further review, there aren't many beers I wouldn't buy for half price! I hope it's all still good in 7-8 months.

That's an awesome deal Larry.

the honey raspberry is very tempting.. we have a summer ale here that tastes like a shandy, am not a big beer drinker myself, a lot of them taste bitter.. But I do like a cold shandy on a hot day.

Yeah, I've never heard of that. Upon further review, there aren't many beers I wouldn't buy for half price! I hope it's all still good in 7-8 months.

It's a pretty safe bet Mike. I've stocked up like this before and not had any problems with the beer going bad.

Guess YOU had your boots on to fall into such a great deal..:ib

I work for a beer distributor, so I've seen sales like this before. The distributor was either really long on inventory or the product was getting close to the "Out of Code" date, and they did a fire sale. Do they possibly have an inventory tax coming up?

Nothing wrong with the product, it was climate controlled before it left the warehouse, and as long as you keep it cool and out of sunlight it should be good for another year or so. It might not taste as good as it did when it was "In Code", but it's not going to kill you, and you probably won't even notice the difference.

Beer ratings, and wine ratings are all pretty much subjective...just drink what you like...you can't go wrong with that.

Peace,
Bob

I love the Magic Hat #9 and actually have a Mini Mash it forn thet that I jsut havent gotten a chance to start yet but hopefully next weekend Ill get er going. UMMM , Apricot Ale!!!!!!!!

Update: The last 17 bottles are in my beer fridge. I just can't understand where it all went. It's time to go on another beer run. And I'm hoping there are some buy 1 get 1 free deals. :sm

Latest posts

Back