Beer Quiz

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a 93 an really dont drink beer. I think you must be brewing to much of your own! mY daughter has crush on a boy now(theyre both 9 years old) soI brought her over to his house for them to play for awhile and found a brewery in his fathers basement. He has around 28 8 gallon barrels full of all diffeent kind of beer and many more kegs in 2 refrigerators on tap. I sampled about 9 before I called it quits cause I still had to drive home. They are all grains and he has quite the set up. Hes been doing it for 9 years and has a ton of awards for them from all over.

Just 66 here it told me "you passed (barley)".Wade are you serious I was thinking 15 or 16 before my daughter would start to get acrush .
smiley6.gif
Edited by: mississippi mud

60% you can tell I don't drink those other brands. I fell for Dorthy Fox the first time I seen her in first grade, and we have kept up the freindship all these years.

I got 93%. I screwed up on the Asahi Dry. I should know that one too because that it my beer of choice when we go out for sushi.

Tomy I don't think some of those brewery's ship out there where you live.

I also fell for one or two beers and never seen /heard of those imports .
smiley4.gif

Heres my score:

Your Score: 26%

Failure

You don't know much about beer. Wine drinker?

HA! I'm just THAT good.
smile_d.gif

I should have my brother do this, he could probably get at least 110%.

100% see I knew all that fraternity knowledge wasn't for naught, And my mother said all that frat stuff was useless

86%, I screwed up on the Stella and the Japanese beer. Oh well, I'll have a glass of red please!

100% here as well. I have at least one bottle ofmany of those in my beer fridge. Love World Market. They sell beer individually there that you can mix and match 6 packs. One of our local grocery stores has a great supply of Imports as well that you can mix and match.

beer.jpg

That's great Smurfe! You get to sample all those beers and see if you can duplicate them. You are really getting into this beer making! You even are having cartons and labels printed up for your brand of beer! I see it in the fridge in the middle! Go Murphy's Red!

smiley36.gif
Well, I didn't make up that Murphy's carton, it is a real brand and a darn fine one as well. I love Murphy's Stout. IMHO it is much better than Guinness which I indulged in heavily last night at the local Irish Pub.

You are correct as well that I try these to see what i want to try to duplicate. If the weather hold out and my yeast starter is ready today I am going to do an extract batch of Honey Brown Ale and use some of the honey Ramona gifted me at Winestock.

I also have another extract kit here that is a clone of the beer seen on the left of my pic, the Anchor Steam beer. It will probably bee another week or so before I do it up as I need to ferment it in my beer fermentation fridge as it needs to ferment around 60 degrees. I need to get the Munich Dunkel out of there before I can do that though.

smurfe,
If you are into clone brews please check out the link on the link below from www.maltose.com This place is in CT near wade and I have made 8-10 of their clones using the kits put together by them. The recipes in the books "Beer Captured" and " Clone Brews" all include instructions for extract, mini mash and all grain. They have developed recipes for 317 differentbeers to date!

http://www.maltose.com/Beer/beer_clonekits.htm

Insead of taking the quiz, I went down to the basement and brought up a few Bohemian Dark Lager's...there...now I feel smarter!
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back