Beer Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buffaloricky

Reaction score
Do the beer kits have an expiration date. I can across an ad on craigslists for beer kits and equipment. The guy could not tell me much. I have a kit at home that I just got for father's day but I do not see any expiration date on it either. Any info would be much appreciated.:a1

I would say yes with some as some have grains in them but I dont think the cans of extract would be hurt by time. The yeast will most have an expiration date on tye packet.

What kind of kit do you have. Like Wade said a extract kit is OK as long as the can don't blow up. moats specialty grains should last a couple of years is under vacuum.

He could not tell me what kits he has, the gentlemen lives roughly 2 hours away from me, I guess I am just wondering is it worth the trip to go and see what he has or should I just pass on this. He wants to get rid of the stuff he has (carboys, accessories, kits) but would not give me a price. (make offer).

Any suggestions??

I would PASS on this
No beer kit is worth that trip

And it he wont give you a OK or price forget it

Latest posts

Back