Been busy for two days and nights..

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myakkagldwngr

Reaction score
Late wednesday night my mother, 81, ended up falling..
Nothing broke, just bruised up and embarrassed. Bad thing was her cordless phone went dead and her life alert button was still hanging out of reach on the headboard of the bed.
So she sat there on the floor till thursday afternoon. She had water, but couldn't get to her med's or anything else.
After we got her up and checked her out, she decided she was okay and didn't want to go to the ER.
So I stayed with her that night, the next day, next night and next day until I saw she had her strength back and was able to get up and down on her own.
It's hell having a mom that is, proud, independent and hardheaded. But that's what I've got.
I'm thankful in ways the economy is the way it is. Let's me do what I need to do to take care of her.
Sure was good though to get off her couch and in my own bed last night.

It is really tuff when the role reversal comes into play. Mom's were the ones who always watched over us, now we need to do that for them. I understand about the stubborness. My Mom is the same way. Glad to hear everything worked out ok.

very glad to hear everything ok!
my grandmother did the same thing only with a broken hip out of it:(. my dad was sooo heart broken when he found her the next morning (after she didn't answer the call he always places to her each morning). my grandma is a tuff bird, too. she went thru surgery and rehab with flying colors and was back to work within 8 weeks:r
she didn't retire for 2 more years after that...
now she always WEARS her lifealert button...just in case.

Do they make those alerts in bracelets now sure would better then not wearing it because it felt like it would choke you when you're sleeping . Glad she did get seriously hurt .

Thanks for all the well wishes guys.
It means a lot. She was better today than yesterday so I'm feeling a lot better about it all. I know that soon, she will probably have to move in with me and when that time comes, so be it.
As long as we can physically take care of her, she'll stay home. She watched all her nieces and nephews put her sisters and brothers in nursing homes only to last a very short time.
If the good Lord is willing that won't be her future.

Latest posts

Back