WineXpert Beaujolais

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joan

Junior
Reaction score
Hi all,
We are new to winemaking and our dealer only sells Winexpert. Would any of you be able to suggest a kit that is similar to Beaujolais? We are not familiar with some of the wines offered in the catalogue. Thanks in advance,
~Joan

Hi Joan and welcome to the forum and a great hobby. The kit name for Beaujolais is Bergamais and I'm sure WineExpert has these in their lineup but I don't have that info at hand. Someone else on the forum here may be able to suggest a specific kit.
Good luck .. Doug

most of the french wine names are copywrited under french law, so you will see alternate names developed by the canadian home wine trade association back in the 90s i think.
here is the basic list and should serve as a guide to the kit wine varietals and making the translation to something you understand...

OLD /CHWTA NAME

Beaujolais /Bergamais
Burgundy-Bourgogne /Bourgeron
Entre-Deux-Mers /Brise-de-Mers
Chablis /Chamblaise
Pommard /Chat Dormant
Cotes-du-Rhone /Coteau Royal
Medoc /Coteau Sur Mer
Brouilly /Domaine des Brumes
St-Emilion /Jermillon
Hermatige /L'Alsy
Muscadet /Manior Blanc
Pouilly Fuisse /Ruisseau Blanc
Graves /Val-de-Grace
Macon /Val-du-Domaine
Chateauneuf-du-Pape /Vieux Chateau du Roi
Bordeaux /Bordailles

Thanks to all for the info! We live in western Wis. Even though our dealer is limited in brands, they have been so helpful to us and are local. This forum is awesome, I have learned a lot from reading the posts as well.
Cheers!
~Joan

The bergamais was pretty good. It was the first wine I ever made.
The only reccomendation I can really make is to let it clear a lot longer than what the directions say.

Yes, give it more time then recommended or you will most likely have sediement in your bottles.

most of the french wine names are copywrited under french law, so you will see alternate names developed by the canadian home wine trade association back in the 90s i think.
here is the basic list and should serve as a guide to the kit wine varietals and making the translation to something you understand...

OLD /CHWTA NAME

Beaujolais /Bergamais
Burgundy-Bourgogne /Bourgeron
Entre-Deux-Mers /Brise-de-Mers
Chablis /Chamblaise
Pommard /Chat Dormant
Cotes-du-Rhone /Coteau Royal
Medoc /Coteau Sur Mer
Brouilly /Domaine des Brumes
St-Emilion /Jermillon
Hermatige /L'Alsy
Muscadet /Manior Blanc
Pouilly Fuisse /Ruisseau Blanc
Graves /Val-de-Grace
Macon /Val-du-Domaine
Chateauneuf-du-Pape /Vieux Chateau du Roi
Bordeaux /Bordailles

Wah thats good too know thanks a lot!

The bergamais was pretty good. It was the first wine I ever made.
The only reccomendation I can really make is to let it clear a lot longer than what the directions say.

I'll 2nd that! One of my favorites.

Latest posts

Back