Be kind

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My night is Friday! I love to be drunk, and I make no bones or apologies about it and I have no guilt about it. I love the fluid feeling that all is right with the world and for that period, I have nothing to feel but good and no responsibilities but to feel good.

Tonight I will not be able to be drunk because tomorrow I have to do something, so I will have a glass or two and move it to Saturday night. But one night a week, I am going to get liter-and-a-half drunk. It's fun. Nuff said there.

I don't go out and get knee walking, I stay home because I am a responsible person. And the older I get, the less my body can take the after-effects of being drunk, so I have limited it to one night a week that is not followed by a work day. The days of carousing til midnight then popping up out of bed to go to work at 6 are gone for me, I am afraid. But I like to tipple, yessir.

Oh, and did I mention I love to be drunk?

My night is Friday! I love to be drunk, and I make no bones or apologies about it and I have no guilt about it. I love the fluid feeling that all is right with the world and for that period, I have nothing to feel but good and no responsibilities but to feel good.

Tonight I will not be able to be drunk because tomorrow I have to do something, so I will have a glass or two and move it to Saturday night. But one night a week, I am going to get liter-and-a-half drunk. It's fun. Nuff said there.

I don't go out and get knee walking, I stay home because I am a responsible person. And the older I get, the less my body can take the after-effects of beiyng drunk, so I have limited it to one night a week that is not followed by a work day. The days of carousing til midnight then popping up out of bed to go to work at 6 are gone for me, I am afraid. But I like to tipple, yessir.

Oh, and did I mention I love to be drunk?

I hear ya js. The thing I see here is that you tipple for the joy of it. It sounds like it is a joy in your life and to those around you. Given how you have a responseable attitude about it, I have to say that it is all good. In fact, ill join you is just under a month.

I do have one question. I see you are located in huntsville. Would you happen to work at the rocket werks down there? I'm a bit of a spacegeek so I have to ask.

Last edited:
Day 22,

Oh Dear :(

I didn't mean to provoke, and i'm hoping you have a great weekend despite the week's events! ;)

Polarhug, No problem. I actually found your comment rather funny!
I see your point, how can people argue about wine? It is not so much wine, but the politics when any group of people get together. Some kids just do not know how to play nice!

Day 22,

Polarhug, No problem. I actually found your comment rather funny!
I see your point, how can people argue about wine? It is not so much wine, but the politics when any group of people get together. Some kids just do not know how to play nice!

amen to that, john....as you and i have exchanged stories, we can both attest to the truth of that statement...it's not the wine, but the "politics" when the group gets TOO big, and the number of different ideas on how certain things should be handled, that becomes the problem...btw, john, not trying to open old wounds either, but it wasn't who i think it was again, was it???...lol...

I do have one question. I see you are located in huntsville. Would you happen to work at the rocket werks down there? I'm a bit of a spacegeek so I have to ask.

I work as a research writer/editor at The University of Alabama in Huntsville. The university is located in Cummings Research Park, the second largest such park in the nation and fourth largest in the world. Our largest degreed program is aerospace engineering. The U.S. Space and Rocket Center is right behind my building, so I get to see the Saturn 5, space shuttle and other stuff like a U-2 spy plane sitting over there, simply by driving to the back. Across the street from me is the UAH Von Braun Research Center. Just up the road is NASA, Marshall Space Flight Center and Redstone Arsenal, home of the the Army Materiel Command, which has the motto,"If a Soldier shoots it, drives it, flies it, wears it, communicates with it, or eats it – AMC provides it," and the Missile Defense Agency.

So no, I have no idea what you are talking about with all this space stuff. :)

Latest posts

Back