Be kind

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So the season of lent is once again upon us.

Each year, for the last 15 years, I give up all forms of alcohol for lent. Unfortunately, this also means wine.

I know how supportive everyone can be here, so I am asking for ideas on how to weather "the dry season" (as lent has come to be know in my household).. The funnier, the better!

johnT.

drink some WELCH'S grape juice, or make some WELCH'S wine....knowing you don't like concord, will detour you from wanting to drink it....:)

How long is this dry season? Also you could eat foods that are gross to drink with... hmm but I can't think of any

How long is this dry season? Also you could eat foods that are gross to drink with... hmm but I can't think of any

Lent spans 40 days! Still, I think it is good to give it up for a little while. It makes appreciate wine that much more once Easter arrives!

40 fuh-freaking days!! Whoa. Thats just.... wow.

Then again, 9 months of pregnancy was the longest 9 months of my life. :p

Well, John, Sundays are not considered by some to be part of Lent, so you can drink your whole weeks worth on that one day!;)

So, My last glass of wine was on sunday 2/10/2013.

This is day five and i amlkjjlk doingioajsd jusslk;j fineklj;akdjf.

REDRUM!

Couldn't stand it. Have been thinking about this since yesterday. Since you are ssupposed to give up something you love, give up being a Catholic for lent. Lets you have your wine and drink it too. (Not Catholic, but been married to one for 40+ years. We have found our different churches are about the same. God bless you all. ) Arne.

My wife (of 23 years) is not Catholic either. Like you, I too found not much difference in our churches. I guess this is why I really can't understand why religions can't seem to get along. Seems to me that most are just different ways to go about the same thing! One should not argue about the road that you are traveling, provided it gets you to where you want to go!

I do not think that giving up being Catholic is what the Pope had in mind when it comes to lent. :)

I do not think that giving up being Catholic is what the Pope had in mind when it comes to lent. :)[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I believe you are probably right. Arne.

I do not think that giving up being Catholic is what the Pope had in mind when it comes to lent. :)

Seriously, I believe you are probably right. Arne.[/QUOTE]

idk....i mean think about it....is it lent, and the pope is stepping down....maybe he's giving up being pope for lent.....lol...:)....i know, blasphemous, but so be it....lol....i was born and raised catholic, not bashing, but now(and no, i am not trying to start any kind of debate), i have beliefs, but really don't feel the need for "organized" religion....JUST MY FEELINGS ON THE MATTER, nothing more...

Day 9:

Doing just fine on this. Seems rather easy to simply "do without". This was true right up to the point where I was watching a show (food network) on a steakhouse. Out comes a beautiful steak, while they poured a beautiful dark red cab. Got to say that the idea of a steak and a glass of good cab had my mouth watering!.

johnT.

Day 9:

Doing just fine on this. Seems rather easy to simply "do without". This was true right up to the point where I was watching a show (food network) on a steakhouse. Out comes a beautiful steak, while they poured a beautiful dark red cab. Got to say that the idea of a steak and a glass of good cab had my mouth watering!.

johnT.
why is it i sense a bender coming on when you hit day 41???....roflmao....

I have plenty of time to decide on what will be in that first glass!
yes, but i certainly seem to foresee more than just ONE glass....lol...i see MANY BOTTLES in ur future....roflmao....

Day 10... A whole 1/4 of the way there.

So here is a pole, If you just went 40 days without, what would be the first bottle you open?

Latest posts

Back