BBQ anyone?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim:

Those ABT's look great, were they baked in the oven or grilled?? Would like the details please...... :tz :db

Al

Grilled indirect.

Helpful hints: When you prep the peppers, it is cool to have a corer for them. Makes it easier. Wear nitrile or rubber gloves, and do NOT touch any - uhhh - sensitive areas of your body until you have thoroughly washed up afterward.

They are labor-intensive to build but oh so good. Your friends will hound you for them forever after just one taste. A perfect appetizer.

Oh I have been meaning to post this, too. If you want a great lunchmeat, just get some Jimmy Dean sausage, put it in the freezer for 15 minutes to firm, then unwrap and toss on the smoker whole. I usually do this after my main meat has been smoked - great way to use up the extra heat and fuel.

When it's done through and through, just slice it up like you would salami. Put the slices on bread with mayonnaise and/or other condiments, and MMMMM a taste treat.

You can freeze the smoked sausages and pull them out to thaw so you can use them anytime.

For those who prefer a sweeter bar-b-que sauce, my secret ingredient is orange marmalade. Everyone who has tried my bbq chicken thighs (skinless and no bone) have no idea what the secret ingredient is and always ask for the recipe. Stir a couple of tablespoons of Orange Marmalade into your favorite bbq sauce. Eyebrows raise when told what it is! Marinate for a couple of hours turning the zip lock bag every so often. Place on the grill and pour the sauce over them. Grill until well browned on foil. We have these once a week all summer long!

Sammy,

If you like marmalade with your chicken, try some Orange Marmalade Sriracha wings. Dust them with a rub of your choice (I prefer something with a citrus element for this). Cook indirect on the grill, dipping the wings in the sauce and setting back on the grill for a few minutes to firm up. They are great!

http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?5949-Orange-Marmalade-Sriracha-Wings

This is what is on the smoker at the moment , 13 pnd whole brisket , rubbed with McCormicks apple wood rub , with a combo of apple and hickory chunks for the smoke .

232323232fp734___nu=8695_45__25__WSNRCG=366477788434;nu0mrj.jpg

Latest posts

Back