Barrel Leak

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahahaha isn't it a beautiful thing when wine racks accidentally fall off the back of a truck!

AJ - one thing at a time. I'm sure your plans will come together, these things take time and patience.

I actually have over 200 bottles that can fill my racks but they are sitting in my wine cooler for the time being until I get the storage cellar up and running.

It’s tough when you’ve got so many damn ideas ya plan to do though! Although I have my room hooked up enough to hold me over for a bit before hitting it hard again. But a proper built-in bottle rack wall is needed soon.
My ultimate goal is to make 1 large batch a year with a couple barrels always filled, in a knocked out wineroom, storing bottles in a custom built temp controlled area. And hopefully passing on the tradition so it doesn’t die with me.
I do find it ironic that I grew up learning from my father and grandpop, to now my old man learning from me. Tho that’s not helping pass on the tradition!
Good luck with the cellar

Sounds pretty much identical to my plan and ironic cause I leaned from my pop and grandpop as well.

Now my dad enjoys my wine far more than his.

Very impressive! No need for embarrassment! I keep my bottles in a crawl space, looks pretty primitive compared to your storage area!

I’m definitely not embarrassed! It has really come along nicely. The entire room painted, new lighting, a lot of racking secured strong enough for an earthquake!

I have a few more things to do... I’d like to make the middle rack into a table for tasting and few more touches.

Latest posts

Back