Baron’s Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garyd

Junior
Reaction score
Thinking of starting a Barons Mexican style beer- anybody make these kits- any suggestions or tips, this will be a first after making wine kits. Edited by: garyd

helloo hellooo hellloooooo heellllllooooooooo

Ok nobody out there- how about RJ Spagnols "Brew House"????

Sorry Gary...I saw this and forgot to respond
smiley9.gif

I have made one of these kits which was the Canadian High Test and it came out great. Making beer doesn't get a simpler than this and all you need is a dedicated 7.9 gal primary fermenter for beer since it is 6 gallons so you need the volume for stirringand you never get the beer smell out of the plastic bucket.

Stir the batch well before pitching yeast to add plenty of oxygen for the yeast.

We had a mexican themed party at our house last summer. I
made the Mexican Cerveza for the party. The entire batch was
consumed at this party. My guests loved it. The
commercial mexican beer was left on the counter and forgotten.

As Masta said, there is no easier beer kit. Just like a wine kit without the need for long term aging.

You won't be sorry.

-Doug

Yeah, I thought it was pretty good. There are certainly more complex beers with much richer tastes but what I'm talking about here is a Corona replacement.

All 6 gallons were gone in a few hours. This was not a college bash but a 30-40 somethings neighborhood get together.
smiley17.gif

For the cost and the time it will take you to make, I think its worth trying.

Cheers...

I started one of these kits today along with a Amber Ale...beer inventory is getting low!
smiley36.gif

I just got a Cerveza today as a gift! I have enjoyed Corona's when we travel but don't spend the $ on it at home. I'm looking forward to trying this!

Should I use the yeast that came with the kit or should I spring for something else? I'll be using a Barron's No Boil Cerveza.

In my limited experience, I have used one dry yeast packet and had an off flavor that I was told was caused by the dryyeast. Since then I have used only White Labs pitchable tubes and have had great success. It’sup to you, could always try it with what was supplied and see what you taste? It's not like wine, your only waiting about 6 weeks for the beer, not like your wasting a year or more.
smiley1.gif

I made the Baron's Canadian High Test with the yeast supplied in the kit and it has got nothing but rave reviews!

I haven't made any beer yet but, my co-workers have told me not to use the dry yeast...

Not sure which way I will go when I get my first kit...

I think improvements have been made over the past few years in dry yeast. I have always used liquid yeast in my beer but time will time how it works out with the latest two kits.

One thing to remember is that some styles require certain yeast for the proper flavor.

On your first kit of anything, I would strongly suggest you follow the manufacturer's instructions. This will give you a base line for future experimentations.

I will also add that the Mexican Cervesa is my favorite Baron's kit and my number one seller.

All right. I'm pumped and am going with the yeast that came with the box. Now I just have to figure out the timing to start it!

Yea! I found the time! The water has been heated and soon the process will begin!
smiley32.gif
I even managed to get the spigot into the bucket and it doesn't leak!
smiley36.gif
(I'm usually not very good at that kind of stuff
smiley19.gif
) Cerveza will be mine! Mwahahaha!
smiley15.gif

Congrats! I love making beer almost as much as wine, I think the reason I like the beer so much is because I can drink it in a lot less time. Good luck and enjoy!

I just opened on of my Baron's Cerveza and it needs a bit more time for more carbonation but the flavor is excellent and with some lime it will ROCK!!!

Back