Banana Wine - forgot to cut up raisins

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveb50

Reaction score
2006-02-26_140730_Banana.jpg

I have6 gallons of banana wine going, beginningSG 1.100. I racked it to secondary today, Sg is now 1.010. When racking, I realized that I hadn't cut up the raisins when I added them.
smiley3.gif
They were bloated, but still intact, and sweet tasting. I squished them up with gloved hands and added them to secondary. How long should I leave them before racking again?

Edited by: DaveB50

I would leave them in as long as there is still fermentation

Thanks for the reply Waldo. This is my first try at wine from fruit.I had hoped Ididn'tmess it up. Till now I've onlymade wine fromkits and canned concentrates. Edited by: DaveB50

Dave,

Wine is a pretty forgiving substance to work with. You have to do something darned drastic before it is not fixable. That's what makes it so much fun to do!
smiley32.gif

Curt said:
Wine is a pretty forgiving substance to work with.

Good thing for me. LOL. Good also to have a forum like thisto help keep me out oftrouble

Banana Wine update:

12 days after starting it at 1.100, my banana winw is down to .998

2006-03-02_183419_Banana_03_03.jpg

Oh! I like that color!
smiley32.gif

Okay, I can'ttake it! I have to sing it! Yes! We have no bananas! We have no bananas today!
banana.gif

PolishWineP said:
Oh! I like that color!
smiley32.gif

Okay, I can'ttake it! I have to sing it! Yes! We have no bananas! We have no bananas today!
banana.gif

Yes, We have no bananas. But we'll have some kick butt banana wine tomorrow. LOL.

I racked the Banana a couple days ago, I'm now down to 5 gallons. I had to have a little taste, WOW
smiley3.gif
, can you say Rocket Fuel? It does have a very good mouth feel though, and a very nice Banana aroma, once you get through the alcohol.
smiley1.gif
This is going to take a lllooonnngg time to age, I believe. PWP, that duet will be awhile. LOL

2006-03-12_150218_Banana.jpg

Looking good Dave.....I checked on my Banana Mango wine today and it is clearing nicely and should be ready to stabilize and bottle in a few weeks.

My Banana is clearing nicely. A little over two months. A photographin back of the carboy. Rocket Fuel taste is mellowing, Banana coming through now. Has a wonderful banana boquet.

2006-05-04_200815_Combo_Banana.jpg

Dave

What is with the picture of the person in the bottom of the carboy?? It's a little "The DaVinci Code" there. Was it planned or are we on a treasure hunt???

earl

earl said:
Dave

What is with the picture of the person in the bottom of the carboy?? It's a little "The DaVinci Code" there. Was it planned or are we on a treasure hunt???

earl

Earl, LOL, that was a photo of my Daughter, taken on a recent camping trip.

Dave

MedPretzel said:
How do you know which is the front and which is the back of a carboy?
smiley36.gif
smiley2.gif

Martina,How do you find the back of a carboy you say?
smiley24.gif
Just lay it on it's side and wait for it to stop rolling.
smiley20.gif
smiley36.gif
Like with most humans, the "back side" is heavier.
smiley19.gif

Latest posts

Back