WineXpert Bag De-Cappers

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geocorn

Vendor
Reaction score
I got the Bag De-cappers in from Winexpert! From now until the end of the year, I am giving them away with every order for a wine concentrate kit, Spagnols or Winexpert.

Please let me know how you like them.

Oh good! This gives me an excuse to order another kit!

Thanks George!

So how does everyone like their bag de-cappers?

By the way, Country, when you gonna order that kit?

Such a simple design and it works like a champ
smiley32.gif
...no more prying off the caps with the razor knife.
smiley7.gif

If you make wine from kits this is a must have!

geocorn said:
So how does everyone like their bag de-cappers?

By the way, Country, when you gonna order that kit?

LMAO - Ya got me there Buddy! Man, you have no idea how far behind I am. I still have a freezer chock full of 3 varieties of Muscadines, for one thang. Gotta get some wine bottled and start on the Muscadines soon. I do think my next kits will be Ice Wineand Late Harvest, however. I will be needing other supplies soon also. I wouldn't think of ordering from anyone else.

No prob, Country, I just could not pass up the opportunity!

Besides, I REALLY understand the behind thing. I have wine that was ready for bottling last September that is still in the Carboy. I am going to throw in a bottle each of sulfite on Friday (my official day off, yeah right!) That way, in 20 years, the sulfite will have dissapated and I will have time to bottle the wine.

I think the ice wine and vidal are by far and away the best value kit, I have to sell. For the price of 3 bottles of wine, you can make 30. Now that is saving some real dough!

I am having difficulty keeping them on the shelf, so if you order one, plan on a week delay, just in case I don't have one in stock. I am orderingmore, just tonight.

Hey thanks for the heads up George. Yep, you are right about the savings. I was looking at $100+ bottles of Icewein at a liquor store in Little Rock just the other day. Just looking and salivating, mind you, not buying. Uh...they were 375ml bottles, imported from Deustchland, of course. Wonder if they are clearing a profit? Oh well......

There was an article in Wine Maker Mag last year about Icewein. The reason they cost so much is that on average, they only get about 1 to 2 drops of juice per grape! Therefore, they need a ton (literally) of grapes. The reason the kits are such a good value is that they are technically "Ice Wine Style", not "Icewein". In order to be true Icewein, the grapes have to freeze on the vine and be picked at night. In addition, the grapes have to be crushed within a short time frame, 4 hours, I think.

Between you and me, I think there is a whole lot of marketing going on!

Sounds like a trade is in order there Country...I have a Winexpert Riesling ice wine that was bottled on 2/15/04.

That would be all good, Masta, but the folks at UPS have me figgered out. They caught me last time I tried to use them. Any ideas?

Latest posts

Back