Backsweetening using syrup

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopsyKrett

Reaction score
I have a peach wine that i am going to back sweeten here before long an when i went to the store i noticed a can of Del Monte peaches and when i read the side of the can it said that only ingredients were peaches, water, corn syrup, and sugar. would it be possible for me to use the syrup out of that can to back sweeten my wine???? would that essentially be the same as making an F-PAC??

It would work, just beware that you will most likely have to clear it again due to pulp in that can.

It certainly would work ,just like Wade said.

Before using it, taste it. That gives you an indication if it is the flavor you are after. The syrup might taste less pronounced as the original fruit.

Be sure to stabilise before adding the syrup, otherwise fermentation might restart.

Luc

I bought a bottle of whole blackberry fruit syrup for pancakes ect. It has no preservitives. I was thinking of adding some water and cooking it like any other f-pac. Think this will work as a f-pac? Ingredients = Corn syrup,whole blackberries and juice, pure cane sugar, lemon juice and natural flavors.

Latest posts

Back